“Anyone who has two shirts should share with the one who has none, and anyone who has food should do the same.” - Luke 3:11
Pabama: (Rhymes with Alabama) Def: A feeling that there is more. A desire to make a difference, to be the hands and feet of Jesus. Not willing to accept the current state of the world, and not wishing to point any fingers. The burning desire to improve, to fall and fail, to be picked up and try again. To prepare ourselves for eternity. To stand triumphant one day, only through Jesus, and hear, "Well done, my good and faithful servant."

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

I Shall Not Want

Here's a prayer, in the form of a song written by Audrey Assad, that I am praying a lot these days.  It's called "I Shall Not Want", taking its refrain from Psalm 23 and its verses from the Litany of Humility.  Maybe it will help give a voice to you as well, as you commune with God.

I Shall Not Want
From the love of my own comfort
From the fear of having nothing
From a life of worldly passions
Deliver me, O God.

From the need to be understood
From the need to be accepted
From the fear of being lonely
Deliver me, O God
Deliver me, O God

And I shall not want, I shall not want
When I taste Your goodness I shall not want
When I taste Your goodness I shall not want

From the fear of serving others
From the fear of death or trial
From the fear of humility
Deliver me, O God
Deliver me, O God

And I shall not want, I shall not want
When I taste Your goodness I shall not want
When I taste Your goodness I shall not want



Here's a link to hear the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8WgHGOak1c

1 comment:

Jimbelaya said...

Hauntingly beautiful. so beautiful. This is what Christian radio should sound like more often, IMHO.
From the fear of Your demands
From the fear of truly listening
From the need to have control
Deliver me, O God

Post a Comment