“Anyone who has two shirts should share with the one who has none, and anyone who has food should do the same.” - Luke 3:11
Pabama: (Rhymes with Alabama) Def: A feeling that there is more. A desire to make a difference, to be the hands and feet of Jesus. Not willing to accept the current state of the world, and not wishing to point any fingers. The burning desire to improve, to fall and fail, to be picked up and try again. To prepare ourselves for eternity. To stand triumphant one day, only through Jesus, and hear, "Well done, my good and faithful servant."

Thursday, September 26, 2013

You are wealthy!

I am sure you have heard me beat this drum.  I would apologize for this . . . . but I think the 99% would get pretty pissed . . . and if I were God, I would be pretty pissed.

You are in the top 1% of wealthy people in the world.  The top 1% . . . . (Actually you are probably higher, but this should catch all of us since you simply need a household income of $40-$50k to hit the 1%)
This really makes me think about how I seem to live paycheck . . . .

Check it out at:
http://www.globalrichlist.com/
(It's interesting, someone making $10/hr. is in the top 5% . . . . do we train our kids to think of 'menial labor' jobs in this light?)

Also some interesting facts
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_inequality

P.S.  God can see the whole world.

No comments:

Post a Comment