Without them, what might have happened, who could I have been?
Instead their dastardly device still roams at the edge of my thoughts, always ready to hop in with it's haunting <tick----tick----tick----tick>. Never ending, never changing ..... always there to remind you: 'You don't belong here. You can't keep time.'
So, what has drawn this beast back from the edge of my thoughts into the forefront?
Have you ever run into a piece of music that stops you in your tracks? Something performed so well that beauty is bursting forth from it leaving you speechless. Bringing actual tears to your eyes. Someone taking an instrument that you hear often, and coaxing something out of it, that others can't. Something that penetrates you so far that it somehow changes you? I love music for that. (I think this is a picture of heaven, but that's just me jibber-jabbering)
I ran into that today, with a piano (and later a cello). And I think, what if I hadn't been run out of the piano world, chased by a cackling metronome, reminding me of my lack of talent? Could I have persisted, and could I have been a part of something like this? Note: All the sounds are made on a piano (Only watch when you can sit down and absorb it, it is worth it)
These guys are awesome, the pure joy they get in producing their music makes me want to meet them. (Adding them to a list with Bono, Alice Cooper and the current pope.)
The combination of such amazing, incredible talent, with such fun is so refreshing:
These are some of my favorites, but you should sit down on Friday night with your family and check out their videos section for your favorites . . . It is a awesome family activity.
http://thepianoguys.com/portfolio/kung-fu-piano-cello-ascends/
http://thepianoguys.com/portfolio/cello-wars-star-wars-parody-lightsaber-duel/
http://thepianoguys.com/portfolio/rockelbels-canon-pachelbels-canon-in-d/
http://thepianoguys.com/portfolio/code-name-vivaldi-bourne-soundtrackvivaldi-double-cello-concerto/
http://thepianoguys.com/portfolio/one-direction-what-makes-you-beautiful/

1 comment:
My favorite part (besides the great music) is watching the guys switching parts, moving around, and helping each other. What a wonderful metaphor for life, Dyk!
Post a Comment