Anyone alive out there?
Romans 8:10 - But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, yet your spirit is alive because of righteousness.
Ah - So you are alive! Good! I just received this email. The email is from the co-worker of an elder at our church .... it's legit 'Too Legit To Quit'. If it stirs anything in you, comment!
<Email>
Hey –
Ok something kind of weird happened last Saturday night. There are around 200 young people over at Kuyper College in Grand Rapids last week and this week, learning how to do mini Vacation Bible Schools for churches and people’s backyards through the summer. So I was over there Saturday night to encourage 7 of our young people from our church. As I was in the back of this auditorium during the service, walking my littlest daughter Ziva, I happened to watch a family pull up and park in the handicap parking spot. They pulled up in a 1988 Ford van, that was rusted out and didn’t look like it should run. I watched as the 4 kids got out and the mother walk in, then watched as the dad lifted his handi cap daughter (who was probably 14 or 15 years old) out of the van into a wheel chair. I watched this family throughout the evening, you could tell they did not have anything financially speaking, but they were the happiest family you could have ever seen. So here’s the thing. You all know I’m a Christian, we’ll I felt very strongly when I was watching that family Saturday night that God wants me to try and raise money this week to buy them a new/used handicap van to encourage them. The goal being that this family will never know who gave it to them, but God will get all the glory. There is a final graduation for all these young people this coming Friday night in Grand Rapids, at which point I am praying there will be a new/used handicap van sitting in the parking lot for them. I don’t know these folks from Adam, but I think we have a chance to do something good quietly and to God’s glory. So if you want to be part of the fun of giving that would be great, if not, no big deal and I will not ask you again, nor hold it against you! I found a van over the weekend that has 58,000 miles on it over in Jackson, MI, the picture is attached. Be it this van or another it’s going to cost around $10-$12k. Sarah and I will pitch in all we can and the Lord has moved some people at church to give towards this as well, so I think we are about at the half way mark so far. So think about it, pray about it, I needs funds by Wednesday, be purchasing something Lord willing Thursday at the latest.

6 comments:
Anyone have any fund raising ideas that we could pull together for tomorrow night? (Tuesday).
Update:
I think they are already at $10,000 as of Tuesday AM, but still have a ways to go for title fees, taxes etc.
I guess the guy was flying high yesterday with how people were stepping up and responding.
Sab: No ideas, other than I will bring a little $ . . . . and perhaps this is a place for the fund? (Which I don't know the balance of, it's in the drawer, I will check. I am thinking ~$200). Anyone's thoughts?
If anyone wants to donate to this please make checks payable to "Sheridan Drive Baptist Church" or put cash in an envelope and get it to Dyk by tomorrow if possible. This is good stuff!
Dyk- as for me, I am cool with using some Pabama funds for this.
-Sab
Yes, completely agree with this. What else is more Pabama than anonymous giving? Also agree with using the fund. Will stop by Dyks sometime today. Pabama!
Dyk,
Check your Paypal for a donation via the fund!
Derek
Derek, got it, thanks. Everything has been passed on to 'Don' (We'll call him that since that is his name). I hope we can get a story! I am a sucker for a good story!
You guys rock!
Post a Comment