I have enough, I really do. Pretty soon to celebrate the birth of our savior people will ask me to think up things I need for a list ... but really, I have enough. It's true, but I don't always think and act this way. So when I read a prayer like this one from 'Seeking God's Face', I realize how often I should be praying it ....
"God of all good, the hunger for more plunders our world bare, so I pray to know the meaning of enough. Free me from any sense of scarcity, give me such a full contentment with all you've given to me, such a generous spirit toward my neighbor, that the only thing I don't get enough of is seeking the good of others and the honor of your name. In the name of Jesus, amen."
Wow, now that's Pabama!
No comments:
Post a Comment