“Anyone who has two shirts should share with the one who has none, and anyone who has food should do the same.” - Luke 3:11
Pabama: (Rhymes with Alabama) Def: A feeling that there is more. A desire to make a difference, to be the hands and feet of Jesus. Not willing to accept the current state of the world, and not wishing to point any fingers. The burning desire to improve, to fall and fail, to be picked up and try again. To prepare ourselves for eternity. To stand triumphant one day, only through Jesus, and hear, "Well done, my good and faithful servant."

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Update: The Super Bowl just got sweeter . . .

Derrick Coleman, goes undrafted, but has since made the Seattle Seahawks team, and will soon play in the Super Bowl.

A little girls sees the commercial below and writes this letter:


My favorite line:  'But I've been deaf since I was 3, so I didn't listen.'



"That's just the way I approach my life," Coleman told FOX Sports. "Every day I wake up and I get a chance. I always say that God blessed me this morning and I can do what I do. Our time in this world is very limited. It can be gone now or it can be gone later so I take advantage of every opportunity I have whether it's playing football, working or whatever. I'm just a happy guy."

http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Derrick-Coleman-The-sound-of-silence-in-the-NFL/b13590a2-396f-4103-9428-efd694a35940


UPDATE:
It get's even better!
http://msn.foxsports.com/buzzer/story/derrick-coleman-writes-special-letter-to-deaf-little-girl-who-wrote-him-012214



No comments:

Post a Comment