I just want to thank those of you that still read this and take on the Family Challenge from time to time. With the enemy prowling around like a lion, looking for people to devour, I know this little act can seem insignificant, but I do believe that God will use this for His glory, no matter how trivial we believe it to be.
Yes, it is that time of year again. As we said last week, it is time for the 2014-15 school year to begin! (Yes, I understand there are those around the world and even in our neighborhoods that have already gone back - sorry about that). And while I would love to think that every kid out there has their backpack ready with all of their #2 pencils sharpened (how many different types of pencils are there?), I know there are many who are dreading this. They just need to know that someone loves them, and they especially need to know that God loves them.
Please think about a student who may not be overly excited about school starting. Write them a nice encouraging note, include a Bible verse, and lift them up in prayer. (see ** & *** below) Help them to start the school year off feeling good about something.
**Parents, I double challenge you to do this with your kids too. Ask Mitchem for some AWESOME letter writing ideas.
***Also, I triple challenge you to continue to pray for this individual as the school year goes on.

No comments:
Post a Comment