“Anyone who has two shirts should share with the one who has none, and anyone who has food should do the same.” - Luke 3:11
Pabama: (Rhymes with Alabama) Def: A feeling that there is more. A desire to make a difference, to be the hands and feet of Jesus. Not willing to accept the current state of the world, and not wishing to point any fingers. The burning desire to improve, to fall and fail, to be picked up and try again. To prepare ourselves for eternity. To stand triumphant one day, only through Jesus, and hear, "Well done, my good and faithful servant."

Friday, July 15, 2011

Man Down - Prayer Needed!

(This is written late at night, in an emotional state, and thus contains a challenge.  Don't read it if that would offend you.)
We have a man down, I know that sounds dramatic, sorry.  I think this phrase is borrowed most often from the Army Rangers.  A portion of their creed reads:  'I will never leave a fallen comrade to fall into the hands of the enemy'. This leads me to 2 thoughts:
     1.  We need a creed.  (It probably should include 'King of the Coals' somewhere ...)
     2.  A group of people, fighting for some politicians objectives, have a creed that makes Christians, fighting for the eternity of souls, look foolish and way less committed.  Read <here> if you are interested.


Where were we?  Ah yes, a man down.  David Pennington.  He's down.  He has struggled with alcohol in his life, had a period of government assisted abstinence, but is struggling again.  He's drinking and he's depressed.  (He's very open about this, and I don't think he would mind if I share this with you.)  He has fallen back into his old circle of friends, but doesn't want to be there.  However, he's addicted, and he cannot escape.  The only things I can come up for him are:  prayer and unconditional love.  His phone # is 616-834-1351.  We need to reach out to him.  Why?  To feel good about ourselves?  Well, it doesn't feel good to see someone with so much potential deep in the clutches of the enemy.  Why?  Because God has agape love for him.  One definition of agape states that it is to find something infinitely precious in its object.  God finds something infinitely precious in David Pennington, despite any action he takes, good or bad.


Someday, I will stand in front of that God (think grace), and someday I think, I will learn to really understand what that agape love means.  I will hopefully be able to experience the deep love God has for each and every person.  When I do, phrases like 'I am busy', 'I don't know what to say', 'It's uncomfortable', are going to be painful memories.  (I have failed to act, due to all these phrases.)  Man, will I feel like a 'Toe Dipper'.


I hesitate to write this (and maybe I will pull it, it could be the 44oz. soda talking), because I don't challenge you just because I am doing (very few) things.  God has laid these challenges on me, and I am simply sharing.  This may challenge you, God may have other challenges for you.  Get with him on that one.  (Be careful, I prayed the same prayer that Bob Pierce, founder of World Vision prayed:  'Let my heart be broken by the things that break the heart of God.'  It appears it is starting to be answered.)

No comments:

Post a Comment