“Anyone who has two shirts should share with the one who has none, and anyone who has food should do the same.” - Luke 3:11
Pabama: (Rhymes with Alabama) Def: A feeling that there is more. A desire to make a difference, to be the hands and feet of Jesus. Not willing to accept the current state of the world, and not wishing to point any fingers. The burning desire to improve, to fall and fail, to be picked up and try again. To prepare ourselves for eternity. To stand triumphant one day, only through Jesus, and hear, "Well done, my good and faithful servant."

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Crawling or Flying

Here is a quote from Forgotten God by Francis Chan-
"Years ago, when a random thought came into my head, I decided to share it with my wife. "Have you ever wondered what caterpillars think about? I asked. Not surprisingly, she said, "No." I then proceeded to tell her about the confusion I imagined a caterpillar must experience. For all its caterpillar life, it crawls around a small patch of dirt and up and down a few plants. Then one day it takes a nap. A long nap. And then, what in the world must go through its head when it wakes up to discover it can fly? What happened to its dirty, plump little worm body? What does it think when it sees its tiny new body and gorgeous wings?
As believers, we ought to experience this same kind of astonishment when the Holy Spirit enters our bodies. We should be stunned in disbelief over becoming a "new creation" with the Spirit living in us. As the caterpillar finds its new ability to fly, we should be thrilled over our Spirit-empowered ability to live differently and faithfully.
Francis goes on to say…
I want to live so that I am truly submitted to the Spirit's leading on a daily basis. Christ said it is better for us that the Spirit came, and I want to live like I know that is true. I don't want to keep crawling when I have the ability to fly.
How about you?
What is your present state in this life? Are you crawling around viewing life from a caterpillars perspective, wondering what your purpose is or maybe asking God if there's more to life than dirt and leaves? Or could it be that you're in the butterfly, changing and transforming into this beautiful new creation, where you'll soon be pushing yourself out and discovering that YOU CAN FLY!

1 comment:

Dyk said...

I read the Bible, and the conclusion is that I am not really living it . . . I read the first 10 chapters of Matthew. I have been dragging my feet, stalling, but God has been convicting me more and more. I agree with Jackie Chan, if we have accepted Jesus as our savior, the Bible tells us that we have the Spirit dwelling in us . . . The Spirit! 1/3 of the Trinity, he was there at creation, one with God, dwelling inside of us! Is it even possible for this to be true and still be a caterpillar?

But for some reason, staying in the dirt, keeping my wings all tucked up . . . it pulls me in . . . lies to me by telling me it is safe there. There are gusts of wind up there, and they could send me out of control . . . it wouldn't be safe. So I continue to crawl.

I need to stop, how it must grieve God to watch this beautiful butterfly, lying in the dirt inching along.

Anyone else up for flying?

Post a Comment