“Anyone who has two shirts should share with the one who has none, and anyone who has food should do the same.” - Luke 3:11
Pabama: (Rhymes with Alabama) Def: A feeling that there is more. A desire to make a difference, to be the hands and feet of Jesus. Not willing to accept the current state of the world, and not wishing to point any fingers. The burning desire to improve, to fall and fail, to be picked up and try again. To prepare ourselves for eternity. To stand triumphant one day, only through Jesus, and hear, "Well done, my good and faithful servant."

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Pabama International


Hola from Honduras (although I am back),

Gentlemen, meet Manuel (in red) and Alex.  While working one day in Honduras, Manuel started talking to me (thank goodness in English!).  He mentioned that what we were doing is pretty cool and reminded him of a book he had been reading.  I asked about it and he said it was by an American preacher named David Platt.  I said, "is it called Radical?!?!?"  He got a huge smile, I got a huge smile, and the bond had begun.  Guys, there is a group down in Honduras doing a book study on Radical (Los Pabamanos Knightos).  Gave me chills when I realized this connection.

And now for the exciting announcement:

A guy named Charles (Chuck from now on because it is more fun to say and he is ok with it) mentioned that he would like to purchase a piece of land in a remote village in Honduras called La Union (where we put water filters in.  It is right by the church compound where we stayed).  He mentioned that if they got this land that he would like to build an office/apartment there for volunteers to stay in.

Soooooo, let the prayers begin.  If anyone is interested in being Radical, we will possibly start planning this soon.  The trip would probably be next summer.

Also, continue to look for more photos and stories from this past week.  God definitely blessed us, and I look forward to passing those stories on to you all.

Good to be back!

Miguel

1 comment:

Dyk said...

Sternberg, I am in! Thanks for going and letting God work through you! (Toss us some stories about the families and the water filters!)

Sternberg is IN, let the fun begIN!

Post a Comment