“Anyone who has two shirts should share with the one who has none, and anyone who has food should do the same.” - Luke 3:11
Pabama: (Rhymes with Alabama) Def: A feeling that there is more. A desire to make a difference, to be the hands and feet of Jesus. Not willing to accept the current state of the world, and not wishing to point any fingers. The burning desire to improve, to fall and fail, to be picked up and try again. To prepare ourselves for eternity. To stand triumphant one day, only through Jesus, and hear, "Well done, my good and faithful servant."

Friday, December 21, 2012

The Power of God

I don't think we realize the power of what we do.  I don't think we realize the power of God.  There is great power in having someone move you (physically).  Someone you don't know, who is recovering from hernia surgery, who lives in another town.  Someone you don't know, on their lunch break.  Someone you don't know who has already donated their Sunday evening to another cause, but still finds an additional hour of time.

There is great power in finding groceries on your porch, and having no idea where they are from.  There is great power in receiving a simple note in the mail.  There is great
power in gathering your fellow warriors around you to pray over your family.  Fighting against the strongholds of the evil one.

God has incredible power, and he gives this power to us.  'I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.' - John 14:12

We have had discussions about pride.  I think we should always check each other against pride, always.  However, 'For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands.  For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.' - 2 Timothy 1:6-7


$500 billion spent on Christmas.  1% of this would give a Bible to every person in the world ..... we can't afford to .... 'And if he shrinks back, I will not be pleased with him.”  But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who believe and are saved. - Hebrews 10:38-39

It's not about me, and it's not about me making it not about me.  It's about God.  We are not those who shrink back.  We are God's children.  This little light of mine, I'm gonna' let it shine.  To GOD be the Glory!  Pabama!


2 comments:

Sternberg said...

To God be the glory, forever!

Unknown said...

I am going to borrow one of Dyk's GREAT saying here and just say:

You Guys Rock!

Post a Comment