“Anyone who has two shirts should share with the one who has none, and anyone who has food should do the same.” - Luke 3:11
Pabama: (Rhymes with Alabama) Def: A feeling that there is more. A desire to make a difference, to be the hands and feet of Jesus. Not willing to accept the current state of the world, and not wishing to point any fingers. The burning desire to improve, to fall and fail, to be picked up and try again. To prepare ourselves for eternity. To stand triumphant one day, only through Jesus, and hear, "Well done, my good and faithful servant."

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Rich 'Wheat' Roll

I am reading Finding Ultra  by Rich Roll.  I came across the following quote, page 149;  "Safety isn't just an illusion, it's a cop-out.  I know it sounds trite, but there's simply nothing like a near-death experience to remind one of the impermanence of everything.  And living imprisoned by fear only to die with regret over dreams postponed was a life neither of us was interested in".
Wow.  This guy isn't a believer, but God has thrown some things to him and he is Living!

1 comment:

Dyk said...

I read the book and it's crazy (or Krazy) he has passages all about giving it up, and how he can't do it on his own . . . but he's not giving it up to God, but to the Universe. 'The Secret' was a pretty popular movement focusing on the 'Universe' and how it will return to you what you put out to it. People sense the truth, and are so close. It's heartbreaking. This seems like an area that I should be praying like a mad-man on, and yet I don't . . .

Post a Comment