“Anyone who has two shirts should share with the one who has none, and anyone who has food should do the same.” - Luke 3:11
Pabama: (Rhymes with Alabama) Def: A feeling that there is more. A desire to make a difference, to be the hands and feet of Jesus. Not willing to accept the current state of the world, and not wishing to point any fingers. The burning desire to improve, to fall and fail, to be picked up and try again. To prepare ourselves for eternity. To stand triumphant one day, only through Jesus, and hear, "Well done, my good and faithful servant."

Friday, February 22, 2013

Is my life following the scriptures?

I have been challenged by a couple of things I have heard or read lately, simply thought I would share ....

'Often, men are not in love with Jesus, and the world is more intoxicating.' 
- Wow .... If you followed me around, would you say I was in love with Jesus?  Or would you see my love for the world ...?  (Honest answer:  you would say I like Jesus, and I think he is good)

In another place (Book 'Not a Fan') I was challenged to list the things I have given up to follow Jesus:
- I had a blank list.  When pushed, I can scrape up a couple pretty lame things ... What does this say?

And then 1 John 2:6 - Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did.
- What effort did I make this week to live as Jesus did?

No comments:

Post a Comment