“Anyone who has two shirts should share with the one who has none, and anyone who has food should do the same.” - Luke 3:11
Pabama: (Rhymes with Alabama) Def: A feeling that there is more. A desire to make a difference, to be the hands and feet of Jesus. Not willing to accept the current state of the world, and not wishing to point any fingers. The burning desire to improve, to fall and fail, to be picked up and try again. To prepare ourselves for eternity. To stand triumphant one day, only through Jesus, and hear, "Well done, my good and faithful servant."

Friday, February 1, 2013

Wutsaknight?

Some of you out there might be saying to youself, "Hmm.  Ok.  I think I understand what this word Pabama means.  But what exactly is a Pabama Knight?"

I was contacted to help a gentleman move.  Thinking we could schedule that sometime in the next week or two, I contacted him.  As luck would have it, Dan needed to be moved out in the next 3 days or so, because he was going to get evicted.  So I nervously sent out the Pabama signal.  But with such short notice and the busyness of our lives, could we really pull it off?

Praise God - yes!  No less than 7 Knights responded and helped us move Dan from his 2 bedroom apartment to 2 storage units.  Plus we had at least 2 others on hold willing to come out after their fraternity meeting at church.  Thank you guys for always being willing to be God's hands and feet - even if it is COLD outside!  Special thanks to Buelow for the trailor.

This is an example of what it means to be a Pabama Knight.  Answering God's calling, no matter how busy, cold, or crazy life gets.  There are many Knights out there.  God, continue to use us.

To God be the Glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment