A Run Colonel Sanders Could Enjoy!
Sometimes a run goes
close to "according to the plan…" Sometimes we
go to plan B. Tonight’s Plan A meeting
time was 7:00 but at 5:30 it was announced going to Plan B but the time wasn’t…
clear. Then someone (R.B.) sent a
message mentioning 8:30. I’ve never been
a run where we pick up more participants along the way than deliveries. We started with four at Meijer; and sent multiple
text messages to those who said they were “in” but we ended with six knights and left at least one
person waiting in the Meijer parking lot!
We had a person in mind to visit with a delivery but we
seemed to be short an address.
“I think she lives in a mobile home”
So we drive around River Haven. Six men in a van driving slowly looking for
an epiphany on seeing a name or identifying a car (we didn’t know what make or
model car either!). Eventually we
learned she lived in Village Green and made the drop (actually a face to face delivery). Sometime along the way was discussion about a
“new” episode on TV http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/backyard-oil/video/barons-of-the-backyard.htm
where
Colonel Sanders appeared which led to
further discussion on whether or when Colonel Sanders passed away and
the realization that not everything shown
on a reality TV show is true. I’m sure this was one of those runs that a
narrative just doesn’t convey the mood but It’s been a long long time since I
laughed so hard with such good friends.

No comments:
Post a Comment