“Anyone who has two shirts should share with the one who has none, and anyone who has food should do the same.” - Luke 3:11
Pabama: (Rhymes with Alabama) Def: A feeling that there is more. A desire to make a difference, to be the hands and feet of Jesus. Not willing to accept the current state of the world, and not wishing to point any fingers. The burning desire to improve, to fall and fail, to be picked up and try again. To prepare ourselves for eternity. To stand triumphant one day, only through Jesus, and hear, "Well done, my good and faithful servant."

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

This always boggles my mind . . .

Recently we ate at an upper end restaurant in Grand Rapids where a meal for 2 people starts at $50-$70 . . .
Dinner or school for an entire year for a child with no parents . . . the fact that we make decisions like this daily throughout this world .... how will I feel when this is all laid out before God?

Without an education, a child has little hope of breaking free from poverty. Without the support of parents, children face an even greater challenge, both in school and in life. In the name of your graduate, you can instill hope in a grieving child by providing essentials like school supplies, a uniform, and school fees. You’ll help a special child overcome tragedy and reach his or her God-given potential.

1 comment:

Jimbelaya said...

Indeed. There are times when I'm nearly paralyzed by facts like this. How can I justify paying for just about anything I want in the First World when I don't give as much to the Third World? Am I that selfish or blind? Or am I just over-guilting myself?
... Or maybe I'm just Dutch cheap ..... :)

Post a Comment