“Anyone who has two shirts should share with the one who has none, and anyone who has food should do the same.” - Luke 3:11
Pabama: (Rhymes with Alabama) Def: A feeling that there is more. A desire to make a difference, to be the hands and feet of Jesus. Not willing to accept the current state of the world, and not wishing to point any fingers. The burning desire to improve, to fall and fail, to be picked up and try again. To prepare ourselves for eternity. To stand triumphant one day, only through Jesus, and hear, "Well done, my good and faithful servant."

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

The Spirit - 'She moves in mysterious ways'

Last Thursday was our run.  Pretty simple, buy a
bunch of random stuff at Meijer, trying to match it to
someone we have never met, and then drop it off.  No big deal, right?  Read below, proof that we have the power of the Spirit within us.

This Wednesday is her double mastectomy, let's join together and pray on Wednesday

Our contact for this run received this email from the recipient:
Oh my! I was thinking we were about to get booed and then I peeked out the window and was shocked to see many men carrying heavy bags to the porch--along with a beautiful orchid. I was still dressed so I answered their knock. They handed in bag after bag of groceries, all
standing in the dim light from my window (as I discovered the porch light was burned out). All told they handed in 24 bags of groceries, plus extra things that didn't fit in bags like a huge Tide, a giant stack of paper plates, paper towel and t.p. etc...There is so much it's like Christmas Day! Their selections were delicious and delightful. I am really overwhelmed! The abundance is amazing!

Mostly I was blessed as three of the men briefly shared their stories of cancer and survival. They brought tears to my eyes then and tears are rolling down my cheeks now as they said I would not be alone, to take one day at a time and that they would be praying for me. They were a sweet reminder that God is working in my life and that during this journey He is right by my side and I am so very blessed.

I know that you had a hand in what feels like a miracle to me Shannon! I can't thank you and the beautiful men who would not tell me who they were or where they were from.  For now I will call them angels who arrived in the dark, brought with them food and hope and goodness, and reminded me that things are going to be ok. Thanks beyond words to you and the angels!

Love and blessings back to you all,
That my friends is simple faith in action, being in the Wheelhouse of the Spirit, otherwise known as:  Pabama!

2 comments:

Third Shifter said...

With tears in my eyes, PABAMA!

Sternberg said...

and tears in mine. Pabama!

Post a Comment