“Anyone who has two shirts should share with the one who has none, and anyone who has food should do the same.” - Luke 3:11
Pabama: (Rhymes with Alabama) Def: A feeling that there is more. A desire to make a difference, to be the hands and feet of Jesus. Not willing to accept the current state of the world, and not wishing to point any fingers. The burning desire to improve, to fall and fail, to be picked up and try again. To prepare ourselves for eternity. To stand triumphant one day, only through Jesus, and hear, "Well done, my good and faithful servant."
Sunday, September 23, 2012
Loud and Clear - Goddogs!
Did anyone else hear Pastor Bruce yelling today? During the sermon, he made the point that the Grand Haven area has not changed in the past 10 years. In 2000, 35% of people in the area are part of a church family, and in 2010, it remained 35%. When I heard that, I felt like he was shouting "More Pabama!"
Ok, God, you have my attention.
On our GoddoG outing a few weekends ago, I really felt like we were doing the right thing - giving away food to a group of people that really need to feel God's love, even if we did not verbalize it. So I am pumped up for round 2.
Who is in?

4 comments:
I am in!
In! But hopefully not on a Thursday night.......?
But wait, I need to commit with no qualifiers.... So... In. Period.
In
Post a Comment