Due to the awesome prayer and Spirit led worship that happened through the test 'GoddoG' run at Kozak's, I introduce: 'Moon Runs'!
Why the name? I reference philosopher Noonan's quote: 'We are like the moon, we reflect the sun/Son before it/he arrives.' (Absolutely brilliant in my opinion.)
What do we do, how is this different than Pabama? Pabama runs are accomplished under the cover of darkness, isolating ourselves to ensure that the activity/worship can only be about God, and not about us. To God be all the glory! Moon Runs are us saying: 'Hmm, if this is really such good news maybe I should share it with someone!' The test run did not involve any spiritual discussions with others, and I would think many will not. They will involve
simply showing God's love through 'random acts of kindness', such as buying someone's meal, laundry, coffee, etc. Although, I could see spiritual discussions possibly happening sometime, like during a laundry mat run. I think this would be great, since it would push me out of my comfort zone. (Note: Since we are 'above cover' on this one, we won't use the word 'Pabama!' at all, keeping the anonymity intact. I really just had a lot of fun typing 'anonymity'!)
When are they? As near to a full moon as we can get. So the next full moon is October 29, vote in the comments if you want to do this on Friday night the 26th, or during the day Saturday the 27th. Friday night would be late, maybe a bar crowd. Saturday could be anywhere and possibly involve some of our older kids.
Why around a full moon? No good reason whatsoever. Simply a gimmick.
Matthew 22:37-39: Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’

3 comments:
As much as I would enjoy taking the kids, I must say that I did really enjoy the different crowd on a friday night. I am sure we can do some of both in the future. But I vote for friday night.
I back either day, whatever is most uncomfortable. I'm unfortunately out of town that weekend. I do think we should maintain a session of awkward silence before any moon run.
I agree with Tim, prayer is key to this type of activity. It felt like time stopped that night and the prayer really helped focus and redirect our thinking.
I haven't checked the family schedule yet but
I feel bad that Tim won't be there; he was such a natural, plus if things went bad I had a big tall guy to hide behind!
Post a Comment