The first ever Harbor House Invasion Project was a huge success. Although Mr. Dyk was nowhere to be found (resting up from his near death cold), it was an enjoyable experience for all. A nice conversation with one of the residents, Chuck, made me once again realize that "these people" are more like us than I thought. Chuck comes from Coopersville, of all places, so of course we connected on that. He graduated not long before I began working there, and has fallen on hard times. But praise be to God for people like Eric, Joyce, and Mark (as well as many others I am sure) and the work that they do at the Harbor House and Hope House (women's side).
Looking forward to next visit (first Friday evening of the month, Dyk?)
1 comment:
I'm all for a repeat every first Friday! Why waste our extra food? Sharing it with others SO much better.
Post a Comment