“Anyone who has two shirts should share with the one who has none, and anyone who has food should do the same.” - Luke 3:11
Pabama: (Rhymes with Alabama) Def: A feeling that there is more. A desire to make a difference, to be the hands and feet of Jesus. Not willing to accept the current state of the world, and not wishing to point any fingers. The burning desire to improve, to fall and fail, to be picked up and try again. To prepare ourselves for eternity. To stand triumphant one day, only through Jesus, and hear, "Well done, my good and faithful servant."

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Family Challenge #11

I missed this one by a couple of weeks, but October 16th was Bosses Day.  I am not going to ask you how you feel about your boss, but I do believe that God has put some people in places of authority for a reason.  God has a plan, one that I may not understand (to quote a book my kids used to enjoy about a caterpillar turning into a lovely butterfly.  But I digress).

We all have people in our lives that God has asked us to answer to, whether we agree with them 100% of the time, or not.  This challenge is a good one to do anonymously (although feel free to suck up in person, if you feel the need to).  It is also a good one to involve the kids in, continuing to set an example of the kind of things that Jesus asks us to do.

Please lift up men and women who have been put in place of leadership in your life.  Share a note of encouragement, brownies, etc.  Something tells me that if more of this were to happen, the workplace would be a wonderful place to be.

   And if this is your boss, then maybe many prayers (and brownies!) are needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment