Bravo on some wonderful additions fellas. I love the videos (except maybe for Dyk's blockbuster video recommendations). One other thing I added is a list of prayer requests. Please keep these things in your regular prayer rotation, and by all means, let's keep adding to the list and utilizing prayer in our battle against the devil.
One request: I seem to be struggling in my own personal prayer life. Any suggestions? Good books, etc. Some accountability? It's just not one of my stregnths.
Keep the heads up knights! See you Thursday.
Stay Radical!
Sternberg
4 comments:
Sternberger:
Excellent idea on the prayer list! I will keep it updated.
As for a book, one I have recently re-read, and decided I should probably read once per year is 'Too busy Not to Pray' by Bill Hybels. Incredible book. (Of course to get pumped up you could read 'Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire' by Jim Cymbala). Prayer is the discipline I struggle with most, Bible reading can be measured, and you can know if you are on track or not. Prayer is harder to do this with. I would like my prayer life to be like Brother Lawrence in 'Practicing the Prescence of God'. A conversation throughout the day with God. I have a long way to go, so I think I will go pray for my prayer life!
I echo the suggestion from Dyk to check out that book but I have also used a prayer journal in conjunction with a calendar to keep record of times/days I pray. I'll be honest, it's amazing how the devil will still pull you away from consistency but along with some accountability from a trusted group of friends..daily communication with our Lord can prevail!!
I have read the Hynels book. Good book, for sure. I guess I was looking for something to really use as I pray, leading right to Mitchem's idea of a prayer journal. Amazing! I have used this in the past and it worked wonders. I don't know why, but I have not used one recently, and didn't even think about it.
I will plan on trying that again, and also look forward to discussing things tonight as far as having a more RADICAL prayer life.
Sternberg
Plus, there is always Sunday morning . . . (I wouldn't say no to God twice, but that's just me)
Post a Comment