“Anyone who has two shirts should share with the one who has none, and anyone who has food should do the same.” - Luke 3:11
Pabama: (Rhymes with Alabama) Def: A feeling that there is more. A desire to make a difference, to be the hands and feet of Jesus. Not willing to accept the current state of the world, and not wishing to point any fingers. The burning desire to improve, to fall and fail, to be picked up and try again. To prepare ourselves for eternity. To stand triumphant one day, only through Jesus, and hear, "Well done, my good and faithful servant."

Friday, April 22, 2011

He did right in the sight of the LORD

Who says the old testament is a bunch of non sense? (Dyk?)
On my journey through the OT I do get frustrated with crazy names and stories I don't totaly get. Then the whole Jesus button thing... I think one of the passages said "Clausing, Get some Nuts!" I forgot to highlight it so I can't find it again.
Here is what I did highlight- several verses in 2 Kings 21-24. It was a very humbling realization and call to duty for DAD's.
-Amon did evil in the sight of the Lord, as Manasseh his FATHER had done...
-For he walked in all the way that his Father had walked

Jehoahaz did evil in the sight of the Lord, according to all that his Fathers had done.
Jehoiakim diddo
Jehoiachin diddo
Zedekiah diddo

The dumb names and the fact that these were kings should not excuse us as FATHERS to ignore these OT verses. Insert your kids' name or your name and the name of your father. THE POINT IS = we have a giant responsibility to Model the Love of Christ to our families.

Josiah did right in the sight of the LORD and walked in the way of his father David, nor did he turn aside to the right or the left

Now you know why Pabama is key - we need the support of other Dads to help in being role models for our kids

Coho's Exegesis

1 comment:

Dyk said...

In the famous words of BB King "You're mighty young to write such heavy lyrics."

Well said Clausing,
1. Read Clausing's post
2. Watch: www.courageousmovie.com
3. Let the Spirit do his work! (Hardest step)

PaBAMA!

Post a Comment