“Anyone who has two shirts should share with the one who has none, and anyone who has food should do the same.” - Luke 3:11
Pabama: (Rhymes with Alabama) Def: A feeling that there is more. A desire to make a difference, to be the hands and feet of Jesus. Not willing to accept the current state of the world, and not wishing to point any fingers. The burning desire to improve, to fall and fail, to be picked up and try again. To prepare ourselves for eternity. To stand triumphant one day, only through Jesus, and hear, "Well done, my good and faithful servant."
Tuesday, April 19, 2011
The Power of a Pie
It's very easy for me to allow myself to get busy, but lately God has me asking myself if I am busy with the best stuff. The excuse I rely on is that 'someday I will have more time' and then I will do that big important world changing stuff for God. I look ahead 10 years at parents with teenagers, another 10 years to college, and in reality that day is not coming. What can I do today, does it have to be 'world changing'? Todd Riemersma reminded us of what a difference a small action can make, and I ran across another story. Someone baked a pie, nothing more (I like baking pies, so this really hit home with me!), and this is response:
"I want to thank you and you family for you kindness yesterday. It renewed my faith in mankind. It was so moving that your family was so concerned that they made me the wonderful apple pie. You are correct that all things are possible through prayer and thank you for reminding me of that. I was at a birthday party after you left yesterday and I was telling the story about what you and your family did for me and tears were streaming down my cheeks I was so moved. You should be very proud of your family as you can tell you have instilled good values.
Again thank you do much for your thoughtfulness. You will never know how much it meant to me. "
My favorite part, I don't think the recipient was a Christian.
Pabama!
No comments:
Post a Comment