“Anyone who has two shirts should share with the one who has none, and anyone who has food should do the same.” - Luke 3:11
Pabama: (Rhymes with Alabama) Def: A feeling that there is more. A desire to make a difference, to be the hands and feet of Jesus. Not willing to accept the current state of the world, and not wishing to point any fingers. The burning desire to improve, to fall and fail, to be picked up and try again. To prepare ourselves for eternity. To stand triumphant one day, only through Jesus, and hear, "Well done, my good and faithful servant."

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Meeting Together Sept 8 at the Vooo

Ok Clausing you are on for the next meeting Thursday Sept 8 - I remember hearing these words and feeling little pressure because it was so far away. Well it is now Sept 6 and the pressure is on! I have been praying about the meeting and what it should be about or what the content would be. I have come to the conclusion that it is not about me and the content better be about God.
My selfishness has crept into how I view Pabama meetings, which then makes it about me. I selfishly desire more entertainment or to have a deep feeling of fulfillment. Let me explain, We meet at Meijer to grab some groceries with a group of guys (sure it has some entertainment value as we laugh at clausing for demanding wheat pasta or mitchums secrect love afair for Oreos) I find myself wishing we were just hanging out at a coffee house chatting about life or going to play softball, kickball, or ......
As we shop I remind myself that we are here to bring hope to a family, joy to difficult situation, and food to a hungry household. (in other words it is not about me)
After shopping - I want to see the look on the persons face or see that joy for myself so I can feel good about myself/what we have done and have that entertainment/feeling of fulfillment hit me. Forgive me God, but that is what runs through my head.

Pabama is about - not getting thanked, not seeing the joy, knowing it makes a difference, blessing others that need encouragement, not judging whether a person deserves the "gift", small blessings are worth it, accountability from other men, gratitude for what we have, and doing things that are not ordinary.

So I ask is my desire to hangout at the Rendezvous selfish?
No I don't think it is because we need to have time to discuss WHY and encourage eachother to step out together. Can we still bless someone with a food delivery that night - Yes sir

3 comments:

Chad said...

I'll be there Clausing! Thanks for sharing your heart. God puts those thoughts in our mind for a reason, regardless of how we may interpret them.

Dyk said...

Mitchem's love affair is no secret! Mitchem, as the VP of Health and Wellness, I expect a report on the new Triple Stuff Oreo! http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011-05-13/entertainment/29558019_1_cookie-double-stuf-oreos-vanilla

Sternberg said...

psyched for fudgecake, fellowship, and fun. And of course to let God use us! Fellow knights, prepare yourself for the upcoming mission.

Post a Comment