“Anyone who has two shirts should share with the one who has none, and anyone who has food should do the same.” - Luke 3:11
Pabama: (Rhymes with Alabama) Def: A feeling that there is more. A desire to make a difference, to be the hands and feet of Jesus. Not willing to accept the current state of the world, and not wishing to point any fingers. The burning desire to improve, to fall and fail, to be picked up and try again. To prepare ourselves for eternity. To stand triumphant one day, only through Jesus, and hear, "Well done, my good and faithful servant."

Saturday, October 1, 2011

So what now?

Some of us just watched the movie Courageous.  So what now ... ?  Well, knowing I would love the movie, and knowing that life is busy and I struggle with discipline and follow through, I already bought the book 'The Resolution'.  I cracked it open to start reading and found this on the first page:

"Weak men will not be able to handle the contents of this book."

Well, I am sick of being weak, so I read on . . . I hope I can handle it ....
Toe Dippers move on, all others:  Here's the link:  http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/product?item_no=671227&item_code=WW&netp_id=896294&event=ESRCQ&view=details

P.S.  From now on, I would like you all to refer to me as 'Javier'.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The movie was amazing! I am still working on that lump in my throat.... Dyk.....I mean Javier..... I am sick of being weak as well! I have to be honest... I have been half the dad that I could be. It is easy to find excuses. For me I can hide behind the "blended" family... "I'm only a part time dad" or "but..they are not my biological children".... It's time for me to "man up!" So....what now?... It's time to make some changes. Walk into Sammy's (he is the only one home) room right now and look at him sleeping. Then make a commitment to start tonight. "I WILL!"

Anonymous said...

Ok Javier or should we call you the "Snake King".?... I just downloaded the Resolution for Men and I give you permission to hold me accountable to read it....

Dyk said...

Excellent on the book. For some reason I really feel the weakness today. I wonder if trying gets you on the radar screen for more 'attacks', but feeling it heavy today. You have my permission to hold me accountable as well. I need it.

Anonymous said...

Praying now!

Chad said...

It was awesome to witness this movie with all you guys! Yeah, we knew that attending the movie and being "moved by God" while also being "entertained" was only the beginning of the purpose of the movie in the first place. It will certainly not be easy to sustain the committed heart that we felt on the way out of the theater...but that is God's challenge for us. And we need a group of others who will stand with us. Us four "Hollanders" are going to work through the book together as well in the coming weeks. My legs are firm, I'm standing up today! Now excuse me, my kids are tearing apart the house, I must go.....and act in a way God would be proud.

Chad said...

I got the book, I'm ready! Also, Family Christian Bookstores also has the same purity ring given to the teenage daughter...for only $15 as well as some similar ones.

I did hear too that some of the other show times were sold out...so our show didn't have the only 15 in attendance, that's good!!

Dyk said...

Still struggling today, but pushing through . . .

Anonymous said...

Sorry that I missed your Monday post....Keep pushing!

Post a Comment