“Anyone who has two shirts should share with the one who has none, and anyone who has food should do the same.” - Luke 3:11
Pabama: (Rhymes with Alabama) Def: A feeling that there is more. A desire to make a difference, to be the hands and feet of Jesus. Not willing to accept the current state of the world, and not wishing to point any fingers. The burning desire to improve, to fall and fail, to be picked up and try again. To prepare ourselves for eternity. To stand triumphant one day, only through Jesus, and hear, "Well done, my good and faithful servant."

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I love it when 2 PABAMA’s come together!


Hey Guys!  While operation “Couch Leg” was going on around the home base the other night, (Awesome job there!) I must report that a 2nd operation was indeed taking place at the same time!  There was a PABAMA grocery drop that was given to a neighbor of mine in Holland who was recently and abruptly left by his wife and kids.  He just needed some unconditional financial support.  I gathered the men of my church group and some fellow neighbors and taught them a new word!  “Nope it’s not Cabana, it’s PABAMA!”  They got the idea after some practice and witnessed firsthand the pure joy of acting on God’s behalf.

Because it was a neighbor, my wife and younger kids (Sara was one of the kids involved in the drop) got to watch from the front window the utter shock from the recipient as he stared at a landing full of groceries between each of 3 trips to the kitchen!  Another cool twist, had kids ages 6, 12, and 17 involved in the operation!  PABAMA!  God rocks!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome!! PABAMA!! It makes me want to sing - I have the Joy, Joy, Joy, Joy.... down in my heart... (WHERE?)... down in my heart... (WHERE?) down in my heart!

Dyk said...

Steve, I think someone hacked your account . . . .

Mitchem, nice work brother! That's what I am talking about! A new city, new Knights, kids, the Spirit . . . wait, does that mean that the Spirit can be in 2 places at once? Or is he just fast? (Krazy, you are the physics guy, how fast would he have to be to appear to humans to be in different places at the same time?)

Do I hear 3? Anyone, Bueller? Coopersville? Jenison?

To God be ALL the Glory!!!

Sternberg said...

PABAMA!!!! To God be the glory! Coopersville is kicking off this weekend with an informal meeting. We will then kick off the action in the near future. But yes, God is doing some good things! Makes me feel like dancing around with an accordian in the background.

Chris Walker said...

Longing for the day when I get to see Sternberg FINALLY play the accordion for real.

In other news - FLIPPIN' SWEET! This gets me super amped up to read. Someday I'll actually get to meet you Mitchem, and I just might awkwardly chest bump you, bro....

"And now to Him who is able to do IMMEASURABLY MORE than we could ask or EVEN IMAGINE, according to HIS power that is at work within us - to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus forever and ever and ever and ever and ever....Amen!"

-Ephesians 3:20-21

Post a Comment