“Anyone who has two shirts should share with the one who has none, and anyone who has food should do the same.” - Luke 3:11
Pabama: (Rhymes with Alabama) Def: A feeling that there is more. A desire to make a difference, to be the hands and feet of Jesus. Not willing to accept the current state of the world, and not wishing to point any fingers. The burning desire to improve, to fall and fail, to be picked up and try again. To prepare ourselves for eternity. To stand triumphant one day, only through Jesus, and hear, "Well done, my good and faithful servant."

Friday, February 10, 2012

A tisket, a tasket, 8 men and a basket.

[For some reason, when we are on a Pabama run, like last night, everything seems to be right. The messiness of life seems to go on hold, and everything seems right and good. I hope that's a feeling of lining up with God's will and his plan. If it is, I want to work on feeling that more, it is so very, very good!]

We assembled Herm's basket, and we learned something new about Sabatino! He is amazing at arranging baskets, he's kept this talent well hidden, but we will be sure to use it in the future!  (That's some of his work to the right)

We also learned something about Cheese.  He is serious about these missions!  He wore latex gloves, so he didn't leave a finger print on anything!

But even more awesome than's Sabatino's basket, I know, it's hard to believe, was the praying over the basket.   The spirit was strong, and I am confident that the basket will serve his purposes.  To GOD be ALL the Glory!

Well done fellow Knights!

(For those of you wondering:  The words Tisket and Tasket do not appear in standard dictionaries, so were probably fabricated to suit the rhyme and metre.)

5 comments:

Dyk said...

I have to comment on my own post . . . don't worry, I am not bitter or anything . . . .

Here's an email from Herm to an anonymous email account we used to make sure he was available for the weekend of the 18th!

Pabama,

I do not know how to thank you enough!!! I believe the love you have shown to my family has truly been God's Light! And as in the message last night, yes, you are right in saying my wife is not on the same level as I am in seeking the Lord. But I can see the Holy Spirit calling her. Just this morning she made it a point to make sure a new friend, that is having some trouble in her life, receives a beautiful bouquet of flowers for her birthday today. And to top it off, she did not sign the card, but gave the glory to God. For this I am truly blessed!
To let you know exactly how I feel I am going to quote a couple lines from one of the top 100 questions asked in my Quest Bible:

It seems Jesus see potential in our imperfections. When we are the most acutely aware of our weaknesses, we reach the end of our rope. Those who have run out of self-reliance are ready to rely on Jesus to give them new life. But the goal is not to merely admit our imperfections and offenses. The goal is to transform our sinful natures by the Spirit of God so that we become the kind of people in whom the life of Jesus is most vividly expressed. Because we are human, imperfections are inevitable. But through Jesus, what's old can become new (2Cor 5:17).

This is how I feel! And the one who said we can not do this alone, is absolutely right! This God's Light you are showing me, took me to a new level last night. I want to do more and I want to do as much as I can, and I want all the glory to go to God! So in a nut shell, I want in! If you will have me, Pabama? I do not think the kind acts you are doing is an acceptance to your group. I do feel they are a demonstration to how you are glorifying God's love. And I would be honored to serve along side you, anonymously of course! God has truly blessed all you hearts and love how you illustrate true faith!

God Bless and Love,

Brother Herm

Anonymous said...

If that's not ZEAL, I don't know what is..... PABAMA!

Cheese said...

So....
What how did you answer the man???

I got an e-mail last night that He DID pick up extra copies of Fireproof DVD for a few friends/(couples?) he knows. He is so Pabama!!! ZEAL; Yes! You can tell Herm wants "all the way IN". How long do we keep our flimsy façade up; between personal unsigned letters and comments on his doorstep...
FYI for guys who didn't hear about the initial directions/gift card drop off... We didn't want to do the usual Knock and drop... There was one (brave?) Knight that we thought Herm doesn't know... (opps!)
Herm answering door: "I know you!"
Presumably unrecoognized Knight: "No you don't..."

Meanwhile I'm fleeing from his neighbor checking his mailbox at 10:00 at night!

Dyk said...

Cheese,

I don't think it matters when we 'expose ourselves', well, you know, in a good way .... Well, maybe a proper way. Anyway, go as the Spirit moves you, I will send him a 'formal' invite after his weekend. But since you are close, feel free to 'invite' him before. I love Cheese!

Chris Walker said...

This. Is. Epic.

God rocks my face off....and y'all are pretty awesome too.....

Post a Comment