“Anyone who has two shirts should share with the one who has none, and anyone who has food should do the same.” - Luke 3:11
Pabama: (Rhymes with Alabama) Def: A feeling that there is more. A desire to make a difference, to be the hands and feet of Jesus. Not willing to accept the current state of the world, and not wishing to point any fingers. The burning desire to improve, to fall and fail, to be picked up and try again. To prepare ourselves for eternity. To stand triumphant one day, only through Jesus, and hear, "Well done, my good and faithful servant."

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I saw Christs this morning!

Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.  Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus - Philippians 2:4-5

I saw Christs this morning . . . .

Daisy is our homebody.  She often likes to curl up on the couch with her beloved 'snuggli'.  This gives her the peace and comfort she needs, while for Ellie these concepts are completely unknown . . .

So this morning, Daisy is sad, she just doesn't want to go to school.  She wants to stay home with her snuggli.  She is crying pretty hard and there are moments where she clings to the closest available leg.  Rational thought is no longer happening.

This was quite hard for me.  This doesn't happen often, so we don't think there is an underlying cause.  Thus, other than time, there is no way to 'fix' it.  However, we don't have time, the school bell rings at 8:05AM, whether you are sad or not.

We made it to school.  The red eyes and clinging caused us to attract attention from the class that did not help with our attempts at recovery.  Finally after a little time in our seat (while hugging dad), we calmed a little.  Then the 2nd bell rang.  There was a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye as I knew I had to leave.  My staying would not help her, it only made her want to go home more.  I had to do it.  It's ridiculous, but it was so very hard for me.

That's when I saw him.  I saw Christ!  He was in 2 places at once, but hey, he's the Almighty Creator of the universe, he can do that sort of thing.  He first showed up next to my daughter and held her as I let go.  He looked curiously like her teacher Mrs. Kingma.  This enabled me to force myself out the door.  But I just couldn't leave . . . what if she was spiraling downhill?  So I hovered outside the door.  I peaked in to try to determine if I could force myself to leave the building.  As I looked in Daisy was still being held, and she looked a little better.  I started to relax.

That's when I saw him again!  He had seen the father hovering in the doorway, and understood.  He made a point to come over and he assured me that Daisy would be well looked after and would receive extra hugs.  (Extra hugs from Christ, SIGN ME UP!).  I felt Christ so much, that I didn't even question that he looked exactly like Daisy's teacher Mrs. Brace.  With this assurance and one final peak in, I saw that my Daisy was returning back to her normal self.  Finally, I had the peace to leave.

That's how I saw Chirsts this morning.

“Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”  Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’  This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself. - Matthew 22:36-39

1 comment:

fogel said...

Love it. Thanks for sharing, Dyk.

Post a Comment