“Anyone who has two shirts should share with the one who has none, and anyone who has food should do the same.” - Luke 3:11
Pabama: (Rhymes with Alabama) Def: A feeling that there is more. A desire to make a difference, to be the hands and feet of Jesus. Not willing to accept the current state of the world, and not wishing to point any fingers. The burning desire to improve, to fall and fail, to be picked up and try again. To prepare ourselves for eternity. To stand triumphant one day, only through Jesus, and hear, "Well done, my good and faithful servant."

Monday, March 5, 2012

Am I in close fellowship, and is my purpose his purpose?

Everyone,

I know, sorry, here is Oswald Chamber @ utmost.org again. You can read the whole thing on the site. His stuff has no fluff to it, and I don't see too many people living it . . . so is he full of it, or is he on the money? What are your thoughts?

Excerpts from today:

Is He Really My Lord?

Mar052012
. . . so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus - Acts 20:24

Joy comes from seeing the complete fulfillment of the specific purpose for which I was created and born again, not from successfully doing something of my own choosing.

.....

“Do you love Me?” Then, “Feed My sheep” (John 21:17). He is not offering us a choice of how we can serve Him; He is asking for absolute loyalty to His commission, a faithfulness to what we discern when we are in the closest possible fellowship with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment