“Anyone who has two shirts should share with the one who has none, and anyone who has food should do the same.” - Luke 3:11
Pabama: (Rhymes with Alabama) Def: A feeling that there is more. A desire to make a difference, to be the hands and feet of Jesus. Not willing to accept the current state of the world, and not wishing to point any fingers. The burning desire to improve, to fall and fail, to be picked up and try again. To prepare ourselves for eternity. To stand triumphant one day, only through Jesus, and hear, "Well done, my good and faithful servant."

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Pabama Run - March 8

The next Pabama Run is for a single mom of three girls; ages 10, 7, and 5. This mom has a part-time job and is doing her best to raise these girls on her own due to her first husband committing suicide and a divorce with her second husband. She needs the Lord to touch her in a special way. I know that this is the group that the Lord can use as His hands and feet. Being a single mom with limited income, she struggles both with relaxing time for herself, but also fun adventures with her girls. So let's brainstorm some Pabama ideas for her. Comment with some ideas... Gift card to bring girls to a movie? Gift certificate for a massage? Come on all you creative folks.

6 comments:

Third Shifter said...

Finding out that this Mom may live in Spring Lake, I can get 5 gift certificates for Spring Lake Aquatic Center. The certificates are non naming, so total confidentiallity. The center offers a family pool with a slide, and lazy river action. And for mom a family pool side hot tube and/or sauna. Also would have full use of the center if she wanted that too. What do you think for a close adventure with kids? Need to know soon gift cert. only on sale on Mondays and Tuesdays.

Dyk said...

Herm, awesome idea! (Note, they would need 4 passes). Fogel, is there any way of knowing if they already go there ....?

fogel said...

Great ideas, "wife of Dyk" and Herm. Herm, I think they are members of the SL Aquatic Center.

I'm a horrible decision maker. Who's being led by the Lord to make a decision?

Sternberg said...

My first thoughts (as usual) revolved around food. As a single parent, I am sure she gets sick of preparing meals. We could include other things too, but I am sure she would love gift cards to different places. It's a start.

fogel said...

Food gift cards... Other easy to prepare meals that kids like... I like it. I already got a $25 gift card to the Grand Haven 9 theater to add in.

Third Shifter said...

Where we meeting up at?

Post a Comment