I thought I would make an announcement, and make it Blog style. God has been making it more and more clear to me that He has some plans for me that may be a little different that I was planning on. So, after many years, actually, of saying "not now" and "I don't think it is a good idea", I believe God has been nudging me more and more recently to make some changes. And this has led me to enter the mission field.
Now, if you know me, you might think, "Oh boy! This should be interesting!" And I still have many questions for God, such as, "specifically, what plans do you have for me?" "WHAT DO I DO NOW?" So I guess I am going to continue to try to keep my eyes and ears open to see and hear God's will for my life. And in the meantime, please pray for me! Because, even though I have procrastinated and fought the entire way with God on this one, I know He has some plans for me. I just don't really know what yet.
Here it is: tomorrow, with the help of the Lord at my side, I will again enter the mission field. I return to work at Coopersville Middle School. And I truly believe that God wants me to bring Him to work with me more this year. So, yes, I really do want to approach it as though I am entering the mission field. Maybe if I keep that more in the forefront of my mind, it will help. I really have said "No" and "Later" to God a lot on this in the past. But time is ticking.....
So again, please pray for me, as I will continue to pray for each of you. And hold me accountable (I hesitate to type that, because I know you will!).
The Mission Field awaits for all of us!
"He (Jesus) said to his disciples, 'The harvest is so great, but the workers are so few.'"
(Matthew 9:37 NLT)
4 comments:
Is there a full Bible translation in Coopersvillian?
Prayed that your mission work got off to a great start yesterday Sternberg! Thanks for sharing!
Sternberg, you rock! A great reminder that every part of our lives should be lived for him. And I seem to remember a Bible verse that talked about if we were ashamed of him . . . (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=luke%209:26&version=NIV)
Wow!!!! I've never posted here before, I think it is allowed? Maybe not, but I am reading the Blog and am so impressed! Yes Sternberg you are for sure on the front lines. I need to think about that in my life too! (a wife's comment)
Post a Comment