“Anyone who has two shirts should share with the one who has none, and anyone who has food should do the same.” - Luke 3:11
Pabama: (Rhymes with Alabama) Def: A feeling that there is more. A desire to make a difference, to be the hands and feet of Jesus. Not willing to accept the current state of the world, and not wishing to point any fingers. The burning desire to improve, to fall and fail, to be picked up and try again. To prepare ourselves for eternity. To stand triumphant one day, only through Jesus, and hear, "Well done, my good and faithful servant."

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Why is it so difficult!?!

I have created a life where being a 'Christian' is very difficult.  The Bible tells me that it will take a concentrated effort, it will not be natural.  I usually end up thinking about it at the end of the day, and it gets the leftover time and energy.  These days, it gets very little.  

Our Pabama! runs are an awesome way to incorporate the action and serving portion of Christianity.  But there is another portion.  Oswald Chambers comments on the importance of this other portion:

"The most important aspect of Christianity is not the work we do, but the relationship (to God) we maintain and the surrounding influence and qualities produced by that relationship. That is all God asks us to give our attention to, and it is the one thing that is continually under attack."

He's right!  That relationship is the most important!  We know it's all about grace, and actions spring up once you really 'get' what grace means.  But that relationship is the most important, and for me, it does not come naturally.

He mentions that this relationship is continually under attack.  So, I have to ask you the questions that I NEED you to ask of me.  'How has relationship with God been?  How is your Bible reading going?  How is your prayer life?'

I was recently challenged by an article I read.  It stated that we should be reading the Bible more than we watch TV.  Wow.  That's pretty heavy:  According to a Nielson report:  
"the average American now watches more than 151 hours of TV a month. That's about five hours a day"

That does sound a little extreme, doesn't it?  

But, as a fellow Pabama Knight, I am committed to ask you:  (And I NEED you to be committed to ask me)  'How is your Bible reading?  How is your prayer life?  How is your walk with God going?'

I love you brothers!

2 comments:

Chad said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chad said...

In a word? Pathetic. I am a fallen man who does not run to God. I have put Him in my passenger seat and wonder why I can't stay on the road. Thank you guys for your association, your accountability, and for your grace. I will prevail cause I will never give in to the world.
-Mitchem

Post a Comment