I noticed Dwayne on Sunday and was glad to see him this morning. You can see the struggles and anguish on his face. We have an opportunity to show Gods love to this young man who wants to do the right thing. The devil is putting a lot of doubt and trials in his way. I say it is time to Pabama !!!! Who is with me ???
“Anyone who has two shirts should share with the one who has none, and anyone who has food should do the same.” - Luke 3:11
Pabama: (Rhymes with Alabama) Def: A feeling that there is more. A desire to make a difference, to be the hands and feet of Jesus. Not willing to accept the current state of the world, and not wishing to point any fingers. The burning desire to improve, to fall and fail, to be picked up and try again. To prepare ourselves for eternity. To stand triumphant one day, only through Jesus, and hear, "Well done, my good and faithful servant."
Tuesday, December 20, 2011
Ok, so we need to shower a fellow brother, BIG TIME !!!! Dwayne was at our mens group this morning and shared his struggles. He is feeling the pressure as he tries to step up and be a man of God. He swerved to miss a dog on his way in this morning, I think, or last night. Several problems - 1- plpd, 2- damaged his van, 3- works in GR, 4- commercial driver (2 points, because he hit a car when he swerved). He is also struggling because he just found out his fiancee is pregnant and he isn't sure how they will pay for everything.
7 comments:
I am in.
I am so in.
In as well!
Are you getting more info or would you like me to make some calls? The van sounds like it will need a new radiator. Herm should have more details today. Other immediate needs? Pray Pray Pray!
I think we need to shower them. Maybe gift cards, dinner, maybe better yet a date night. I think they have a child. They where in upstreet this last Sunday. Maybe the best thing would be to cover the expenses on the van. Radiator, front clip, hood? Ticket? Lots of prayer. I just feel like he wants to do the right thing and maybe hasn't always made the right decisions, but now is trying to. The harder he tries to make the right decisions, the harder satan tries to drag him down. More prayer. We have an opportunity to show him that Christians do more than just give lip service. Who has NUTS !!!
I am in.
Lets talk to Herm to help us figure out where we can best direct our efforts. Give me shout offline and then we can post more specifics details.
also in.
In In In
All in
Ok, so I talked with Dwayne tonight and it looks like it is going to cost somewhere around $450-$550 to have his buddy put on a used front clip, fix the hood, and replace the water heater. I talked to Steve and he said they discussed this at the prayer meeting tonight and there is still an extra ham dinner. So we are planning to do a ham toss with a note about helping out with the van. He needs to let his buddy know for sure by Thursday morning so the note can have whatever money we have by then and something about not worrying because we have his back. Don't know if we can cover the whole thing, but lets do what we can. My God can whoop the devil every day when it comes to spiritual warfare !!! Can I get a whoop whoop??? I was hoping to be able to pull of a date night also, but I think we are better off helping with the van right now. I think we may need to do a few runs for them over time, maybe they need some valentine love?
Post a Comment