“Anyone who has two shirts should share with the one who has none, and anyone who has food should do the same.” - Luke 3:11
Pabama: (Rhymes with Alabama) Def: A feeling that there is more. A desire to make a difference, to be the hands and feet of Jesus. Not willing to accept the current state of the world, and not wishing to point any fingers. The burning desire to improve, to fall and fail, to be picked up and try again. To prepare ourselves for eternity. To stand triumphant one day, only through Jesus, and hear, "Well done, my good and faithful servant."

Friday, December 16, 2011

Pabama Ham run - 2011

What to say?  To GOD be the Glory, and we have some amazing people serving God!  Pabama!
  • 15 ham meals delivered
  • 3 children joined the group, what an amazing exposure for them.  They are serving God and saying things like 'We couldn't be quiet, this is TOO MUCH FUN!', while they jump up and down (Sara Mitchem).  Or Jason Fogels kids (Drew & Marley):   'There were just giddy the whole time, and are begging to do it again. Drew kept saying, "it just feels good to do this." '  That is Pabama!!!
  • We spent $260 on the meals around the hams, yet the fund grew $17 ....
  • Part of this reason:  Pat.  Pat was in the soup isle, asked what we were doing, then pulled out a $5 bill, first time that has ever happened!
  • 15 families touched.  We may never know how, but we leave it in the Spirit's hands, and I couldn't think of better hands to leave it in.
  • Ok, maybe we get to know a little bit about 1 of the 15:

"I don't know what Pabama is" - To GOD be the Glory!!!

7 comments:

Cheese said...

Rumor has it that "a Black Escalade" was spotted at the scene of a Grand Haven delivery last night; ..."they were hangin' out front; blew the horn; and then took off!"
A Black Escalade???
Wow; my the cover of darkness gave my fifteen year old wheels an upgrade! Man; hope my insurance agent doesn't hear or he'll raise my vehicle insurance...
Also; it should be a requirement to Have children along on deliveries; they were great although I sure got a lot of instructions on how to drive; "hurry up! No; go go go; Wait;..." (repeat). Reminds me of Larry the Cucumber in Lyle the Kindly Viking. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hflo-gI5zEE
start at 1:35!

Anonymous said...

PABAMA!!!

fogel said...

I love it. What a great time. I'm still smiling when I think about it.
This could be one of the first facebook posts I like. :)
What is Pabama? I love it.

PABAMA!

Chad said...

Oh, C'mon! I've had some pretty funny fb posts! :) Awesome time last night, awesome time!

Sternberg said...

While we didn't have kids in our group - we did have Rodney! So that evens out. :)

Art From My Table said...

Good stuff.
PABAMA!

Krazy Karl said...

Looks like I commented as Chellie!
She's Pabama too!

Post a Comment