“Anyone who has two shirts should share with the one who has none, and anyone who has food should do the same.” - Luke 3:11
Pabama: (Rhymes with Alabama) Def: A feeling that there is more. A desire to make a difference, to be the hands and feet of Jesus. Not willing to accept the current state of the world, and not wishing to point any fingers. The burning desire to improve, to fall and fail, to be picked up and try again. To prepare ourselves for eternity. To stand triumphant one day, only through Jesus, and hear, "Well done, my good and faithful servant."

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Making Great Music!

I heard something yesterday
that made me think and I wanted to share...

Have any of you ever seen the commercial where the little boy slips away from his parents at a formal piano concert? Apparantly it is based on a true story.
http://www.values.com/inspirational-stories-tv-spots/100-Concert
The little boy starts to play on the piano. The curtain opens and the little boy is sitting on the stage at the grand piano. His parents realize that he is missing... Then the concert pianist walks out on stage and leans over the boy and says "don't stop". The he puts his arms around him and starts to play a melody around his awkward little tune. The result is an amazing song.

I think that is how God works with us sometimes. Isn't this at the core of Pabama? We just stumble out on stage and take action. We start playing the song to the best of our abilities. It may be awkward, it might not be graceful but it is from the heart... God comes around us and makes amazing music with our humble efforts....

Be encouraged! Make sure your heart is right and stay close to God. He will do great things!!

1 comment:

Dyk said...

Steve, awesome post! I like this picture . . . often I get excited about something, and the devil is right there, telling me how poorly I am playing, so I stop. I don't need to play perfectly, God will help me!!!

Thanks!

Post a Comment