Sports fans read on:
Take out a piece of paper. Write down every detail that you can about the current Penn State 'scandal'. Every quote, fact, name etc. Did you do it?
Now, take out another piece of paper and write down everything you know about the Gospel of John. Every verse (doesn't have to be exact), name, story, etc.
Which list is longer?


3 comments:
I guess it's really the answer that is sobering . . . My list for Penn State is longer. I could have guessed at some more stuff, but if I write down what I really know, Penn St. wins.
"What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death?"
"Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
Romans 7 has never felt so real.
This is why I need you my brothers. Romans 7 is real, sin is still living in me. "So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful nature a slave to the law of sin." Only God can ultimately defeat my sinful nature, and the amazing news is that he has already done it!
I need you brothers to help me make sure I feed the right wolf (reference to post on Oct 21).
For me (not a sports buff) the answer is different but I could insert 10 other things to make the same point in my own life. What are my priorities? Where is my heart, really? I think it comes back to the last post.... Apart from God we can do nothing. I need you men in my life as well. I can feel my sinful nature daily. We need to be praying for and challenging each other to stay close to God. I know that this verse is used often but Proverbs 27:17 says that iron sharpens iron as one man sharpens another.... I am expecting sparks to fly!
What's happening at Penn State?
No... don't tell me.
Tell me a story from John.
Post a Comment