“Anyone who has two shirts should share with the one who has none, and anyone who has food should do the same.” - Luke 3:11
Pabama: (Rhymes with Alabama) Def: A feeling that there is more. A desire to make a difference, to be the hands and feet of Jesus. Not willing to accept the current state of the world, and not wishing to point any fingers. The burning desire to improve, to fall and fail, to be picked up and try again. To prepare ourselves for eternity. To stand triumphant one day, only through Jesus, and hear, "Well done, my good and faithful servant."

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Spiritual Warfare - Yup it's real

Let's stretch our minds a little, shall we?  (Stick with me to the end, your action as Knights is requested!)

Spiritual Warfare, it's something that most of my journey I would have pretty much written off.  I just never experienced it.  I did experience a speaking in tongues and an interpretation once in Holland, but at the time it seemed a little 'off'.  Other than that, no miraculous healings, nothing spectacular, nothing that could not be explained. 
The more I read the Bible, I understand that the spiritual realm is very real.  Satan is called the prince of this world, he is here, there is a battle.  It may be different in different areas.  I noticed the more I read that more I hear about Africa and the Middle East (some America too).  Miraculous things happening there, as well as distinct oppression.  I encourage you to read about it, it's different than what we see, but does that mean it's not real?  (Francis Chan checked the organization out, he found reality.)

What about Daniel 10?  
v12 Then he continued, “Do not be afraid, Daniel. Since the first day that you set your mind to gain understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard, and I have come in response to them. 13 But the prince of the Persian kingdom resisted me twenty-one days. Then Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, because I was detained there with the king of Persia.

v20 So he said, “Do you know why I have come to you? Soon I will return to fight against the prince of Persia, and when I go, the prince of Greece will come; 21 but first I will tell you what is written in the Book of Truth. (No one supports me against them except Michael, your prince.

An Angel was dispatched to answer Daniel, and was held up for 21 days by an evil prince, and only after Michael took over was he able to get to Daniel?  That's heavy stuff.  If we ignore that this is real, Satan has us right where he wants us.  (We can't be Toe-Dippers)

I have a prayer request from someone overseas, who is experiencing this spiritual warfare.  If you are like me, skeptical, no this is not someone raised Pentecostal, this is a good old, West Michigan, Dutch person.  (For security purposes we cannot but names of people or countries on the blog, but I would love to talk about it.).
When their parents visited them, they said you could feel the oppression and darkness that seems to be over the whole country, it's not like anything they had experienced in the United States. 

"There is definite spiritual oppression underway.  Her sleep is interrupted continually with what she calls spiritual battle.  More recently, she has heard voices outside her bedroom door, even though she is the only one in her flat.  She has frequent dreams that are terrifying and has been getting little uninterrupted sleep.  It may be due to the progress she is making with the people in her life, it may be Satan’s way of trying to discourage her and keep her weak, whatever it is, she is asking for prayer support during her night time hours, 2pm – 9pm our time.  Could you join us in setting the alarm on your phone or computer to pray a sentence prayer for her at a specific time each day?  Mine is set for 3pm and my prayer each time is that she would be surrounded by God’s power and his angels so that her sleep is uninterrupted and peaceful.  We know that He that is in us is stronger than he that is in the world.  Claim that on her behalf if you get a chance."

Knights, set an alarm, 2-9pm our time, say a prayer.  It's real, and we must fight!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alarm set. Sword drawn. Shield up.

Chad said...

I'm on it! 2PM

Sternberg said...

Scary stuff when you think of it, but then you remember - GOD IS ON OUR SIDE! Alarm set.

Post a Comment