“Anyone who has two shirts should share with the one who has none, and anyone who has food should do the same.” - Luke 3:11
Pabama: (Rhymes with Alabama) Def: A feeling that there is more. A desire to make a difference, to be the hands and feet of Jesus. Not willing to accept the current state of the world, and not wishing to point any fingers. The burning desire to improve, to fall and fail, to be picked up and try again. To prepare ourselves for eternity. To stand triumphant one day, only through Jesus, and hear, "Well done, my good and faithful servant."

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Are you experiencing 'Much more?'

From Oswald:

“Consider the lilies of the field . . .” (Matthew 6:28). They grow where they are planted. Many of us refuse to grow where God plants us. Therefore, we don’t take root anywhere. Jesus said if we would obey the life of God within us, He would look after all other things. Did Jesus Christ lie to us? Are we experiencing the “much more” He promised? If we are not, it is because we are not obeying the life God has given us and have cluttered our minds with confusing thoughts and worries.


So, are you experiencing the 'much more'?  For me, currently, I am filling my mind with the confusing thoughts and worries.  I need to focus on God, and where he has me planted.


I often think of a destination, a future, where then I will do things.  I will be stronger, or more equipped, etc.  Therefore I don't take root anywhere.  God wants me to bloom where I am, and he does make it easy: (even though I try to complicate it)

The Crib:  At a recent church meeting, a gentleman told how his wife was at work.  A co-worker came in tears running down her face as she told about how her friend received a crib the night before.  (He had no idea that I knew about the story, it was so Pabama!  To GOD be ALL the glory!)

The Card:  A couple, the husband struggling heavily with cancer.  They are each sent a card, the Holy Spirit included Romans 8:38 on the wife's card.  The writer of the card is a little nervous, 'Isn't this insinuating that the husband is dying?'  Months later, the card is forgotten, and the husband does pass on.  At the visitation, the wife, tears in her eyes,  says:  'We were struggling hard one day, Romans 8:38 was on our mind.  Then I opened the card, there was the same verse.  My favorite verse.  It was great to know God saw us, God cared, he confirmed that we will never be separated from him.'

The Pictures:  Same couple.  Some 15 kids spend 20 minutes praying and coloring pictures.  The envelope is sent, and life moves on.   For them, the pictures are forgotten.  But for the man, they are an inspiration, they bring joy.  He tapes every one up on his wall.

Bloom where you are planted.  God will do awesome things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen Dyk! Thanks for sharing this.

Post a Comment