As some of you know; the last 60 some days I haven’t been my old self. I saw a movie called Courageous; which led to a book called The Resolution.
God has put it on my heart to help expose this film to more families. I don’t understand it, it’s rarely happened to me like this in the past. It’s become a conviction for me; it’s still a little weird to admit to people (“Hi; I’m Cheese and a small budget film is changed my life) but the fact is I AM admitting it; I am telling people. The changes have been so drastic that my college friends would think I had a head injury…. I have to call this a “God Thing” (Dyk would remind me that it’s a Holy Spirit thing; and I would agree…). Talking with a friend; we said “man the people who camped out on Black Friday was so sad and spoke volumes of the priority system of a large number of Americans. Wouldn’t it be cool if somehow we could do that for the Lord? Hey; what about camping out the night before the DVD release of the Courageous movie?” Well; the more we talked about it; the more my heart told me that this is something I needed to do; in a small way; to be part of “the solution”. So;
The DVD release date for Courageous is Tuesday January 17th. So starting on January 16th at 8:30pm...
- A group is gathering outdoors at Norton Shores Family Christian for some type of supper.
- We have permission to set up tents near/next to the building. At 9:00pm the store official closes.
- A group of us will spend the night; outside. (we will have limited power from the building and generators have already been offered). Some form of entertainment will be provided!
- How the movie led to a book called the Resolution and the principles behind it.
- There are guys that value their belief’s more than their TV screen size or Face Book hits.
- I'd prefer to remain anonymous so any press coverage will focus on how Courageous accurately portrays our culture; even among church going Christians.
- I’m asking for your prayers that God will use me to bring the message to others.
· Pray for descernment on the part that God might have for you in this event.
You could;
(a) join me just before closing time (9:00pm) Monday evening. This time slot is probably easier on most schedules (some have off from work because that Monday is MLK day).
(b) join me in the morning when they open (10:00am). I believe this slot will have a higher visability than in the evening howver this option creates a time conflict with Men's Tuesday AM Bible study. This will be the first time I have missed a Men's morning activity in roughly three years; that's how important this is to me...
I know you are men of courage; but we all have different gifts and sitting out in the cold isn’t for everyone. However; if you are interested please drop me an e-mail or catch me this week either Tuesday or Thursday mornings. If you know someone who might be interested (but doesn’t visit the Pabama website); please share news of this event with them.And I Thank you for your support.
Cheese
7 comments:
Cheese- I am in for at least the night activities.
Cheese, I am in! Steve and I will work out some AWESOME entertainment for Monday night!
I'm there, earlier than 8:30 even!
Well, Brandi isn't going to be there, Mitchem (Chad) is. Evidently I am logged in under her google account! :) She wouldn't want me committing her to this crazy thing! LOL
Cheese- We will need that power cord for the entertainment. Is that still a go? Thanks Brother!
planning on an enjoyable evening. Not normal, but enjoyable!
T-Minus 107 hours (roughly).
"All systems go; all lights are green..." Apollo 13.
I'm serving chowder Monday evening but I need some knights to raise their hands and tell me their plans. (Other than the Men listed above...I've gotten LOTS of questioning looks and three maybes; I know there's more than five people who read this thing!)
Evening? 8:30?
(Store closes at 9:00pm)
Overnight?
Breakfast? /
Men's Bible Study Remote!
Opening at 10:00pm?
Post a Comment