Another successful run, and thanks fellas, I needed it!
The run kind of needs a little background story. Ruby is now in a big girl bed. So we have 2 cribs we are not using. So we decide to get rid of one (again, Pete, we still have one, so no conclusions can be drawn!). It's quite nice, but we bought it used, so we want to donate it. I load up the car, and start with the Lakeshore Pregnancy Center. They won't take it. I try Goodwill, Once and Again, no one wants cribs . . . Our goal is to have this thing go to a good home, so I check with Diane. Diane says she may have a lead, but not sure. I wait. The whole time this thing is in my car, with a changing table, rocking chair and footstool. I can't take the kids to school. I don't want to trash it, so I finally put an ad on Craig's List, the whole ensemble, $20. Finally a taker! The car is empty and useable again! 2 days later, email from Diane: the people do need a crib ..... Well, I had learned there were nice cribs on Craig's List, so a week after selling mine, we bought a crib! Pabama! It is fun when you know God is laughing.
Fogel contributed some sheets, it came with a new mattress, we threw in some Goodwill certificates, braved 'snowmaggedon' or whatever they are calling it, prayed over the crib, drove to Muskegon, and assembled the crib. Not a typical Pabama! since we entered the house, but we didn't use the word Pabama!, and they didn't know us, so it worked out splendidly!
It just feels so good to help out someone, instead of pursuing the things of this world. Pabama!
To God be ALL the Glory!
(Oh yeah, don't worry, we did get Fogel out of the crib)

4 comments:
Awesome time. It is so much fun to go out and just let God lead the way. Thanks to all the Knights that participated. I had a blast. Great to also meet a new Knight, Pete.
Next mission might have to be to build Clausing a loft in his garage. He had loft envy.
you guys are awesome!
PABAMA!! That is awesome! Way to go God!
That story is really cool! I'm sorry I missed it but way to brave the "horrible" weather and do God's work! PABAMA!
Post a Comment