I have been thinking a lot about God. Who is he? What do we know about him? How do I view him?
I think this is vital, essentially vital. Why? Who cares? This view of a God is a lens that alters how I apply what I read in the Bible. It is a lens that alters my activities. It is a lens that alters how I live my life. It's the foundation of my Christianity.
(Don't you wonder about this? A man recently dies, and his wife posts of Facebook starting with 'God is good .... my husband has passed on'. Would you have that attitude? I know it would be a struggle ....)
This seems like an overwhelming task, after all we are the created, trying to understand aspects of the creator, but I think we can do it. After all, we have the Bible, and part of what God's done is reveal 'attributes' of himself to us, in his Word.
Just starting to think about it, I think of stories like Job. When Job has been questioning God a little, God confronts him, and Job is left saying 'I am unworthy—how can I reply to you?'
Or I think there is a nugget in Esther, I think this shows some of the balance that is so tough to understand. The Jews are set to be slaughtered, but a Jew (Esther) is the favored queen of the king. Her uncle wants her to try to help her people, the Jews. He says: 'For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father’s family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?”' God will get it done with or without her, but he wants to use her.
Probably the best way is to observe someone who does have a piece of the answer. There are simply no words to describe this video, enjoy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th6Njr-qkq0
Job 1:21 - The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away; may the name of the LORD be praised.
Job 40:4 - I am unworthy—how can I reply to you?
to GOD be all the glory!

1 comment:
Can you imagine what we would do, or how we would act if God revealed why he does what he does? I am so blessed he shows us the lamp at our feet, just enough to light the next step. Trust in Him and walk. One step at a time.
Post a Comment